Dr. Mark Spencer, the co-chair of Health Creation Alliance has stepped down from his role.
Dr. Spencer has been instrumental in the re-launch of the Alliance, which now focuses on addressing health inequalities by ‘infecting the health system with wellness’.
In his role as a Fleetwood GP he has led by example. He is featuring in a series of BBC programmes as ‘the doctor who wants to make his town better’.
Dr. Spencer wishes to focus on his clinical work and his leadership role with ‘A Healthier Fleetwood’ He retains a position on the National Executive of Health Creation Alliance.
His co chair entrepreneurial Queen’s Nurse Heather Henry, thanked him by saying:
‘Mark has been instrumental in completely re-launching Health Creation Alliance. He is an ambassador for our approach to ‘health creation’ – a social model of health – in primary care. He will continue his influence through our national executive.’
Dr. Brian Fisher, also a practicing GP, will continue to work alongside Mrs. Henry as vice chair of Health Creation Alliance.
– ENDS –
Notes to editors:
- For enquiries, please contact: Judy Harris at email@example.com or on 07717 691845
- Health Creation Alliance mission is … ‘to infect the UK health system with wellness’. You can find more information here
- Health Creation Alliance has a goal to make Health Creation and health creating practices a core part of the UK healthcare system alongside a greater focus on prevention. We believe that this is the best way to reduce health inequalities and deliver a sustainable health service. Click here for a short briefing paper on Health Creation.
- You can find coverage of our Health Creation Action Summit here
- We intend to publish a ‘Manifesto for the adoption of health creating practices’ in the spring of 2017