Ever heard of a Trojan Mouse? It’s where a small change of practice leads to larger and lasting positive change.
Trojan mice stories are integral to Health Creation which looks at the causes of the causes of ill health – it’s about creating ways of working that enable people and communities to increase and enhance their levels of control, contact and confidence. It addresses the need to close the widening gap in health inequalities between the rich and the poor in our society. The Health Creation Alliance Action Summit is all about defining the concept of Health Creation – and unlike many conferences, it will be highly interactive. And, we would very much like you to be part of it on December 1 at the King’s Fund, Central London.
An audience of leaders and emerging leaders from across primary care and beyond, will enjoy a line up of inspirational speakers. These include: Lord Nigel Crisp, our co-chairs Heather Henry and Dr Mark Spencer, Roy Lilley and Anu Singh. If you would like to attend, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
This fornights’ news:
- Primary care providers told to appoint whistleblowing guardian – All NHS primary care providers will be required to appoint a Freedom to Speak Up guardian under new guidance designed to protect whistleblowers. NHE
- Nine health secretaries attack government for failing mentally ill – Every health secretary from the past 20 years has condemned the “enduring injustice” faced by patients with mental illnesses and accused the government of failing to honour pledges to help them. Times
- Hospital chain trust looking at primary care integration – The Royal Free London Foundation Trust, which already runs a chain of hospitals across north London, is looking at models of integration between acute and primary care. HSJ
- STP plans to cut GP numbers by a fifth and merge practices – GP numbers will fall by 18% by 2021 under STP plans published for Somerset. GPonline
- Pharmacists to treat sore throats ‘to free up GPs and cut antibiotic use’ – Patients with sore throats will be directed to pharmacists for testing and treatment, under a new scheme being rolled out across England that NHS chiefs claim will help save GP appointments and cut use of antibiotics. Pulse C+D
- Targeted screening offers same benefits as health check at lower cost – Offering health checks to just the 8% of patients most at-risk of developing cardiovascular disease offers similar health benefits to national screening at a far lower cost, researchers have concluded. GPonline
Housing and Health
- Health Creation Alliance supported production NHS England’s new Quick Guide to Health and Housing. Further information and resources about the many ways in which housing can support the transformation to place-based models of care can be found here
IN SEARCH OF HEALTH CREATION, COMMUNITY BY COMMUNITY
None of us is smarter than all of us
December 1, 2016
Burdett Theatre, King’s Fund, London W1
The Health Creation Alliance Action Summit is an invitation only event for leaders and emergent leaders across primary care, housing, urgent care, emergency services; and for individuals and organisations who believe the NHS should be a national health service rather than a national illness service. For more information, please visit our website
We would be delighted if you could join us. Please note, a significant number of bursary places are available so do let us know if you’d like to be considered. To secure your place, please email email@example.com.