Health Creation Alliance coverage
Housing and health: ships that pass in the night? – We have known for many years that good-quality housing is critical to health. Research evidence tells us this, our common sense tells us this, the NHS and wider health and care sector knows this, and the housing sector knows this. BioPortfolio and the Kings Fund
Making the economic case for housing, to health – Merron Simpson, Chief Executive of Health Creation Alliance, talks us through the findings of a report released today in partnership with The King’s Fund and National Housing Federation. 24housing
Community pharmacists set to ease GP prescribing workload over next five years – Community pharmacists will take over repeat prescribing from general practice staff in the next five years to ease pressure on primary care, according to a new pharmacy report. The Pharmacist
Podcast: What do STPs mean for general practice in England? – Sustainability and transformation plans (STPs) being drawn up across England are set to reshape the NHS over the coming years. In this podcast, GPonline speaks to five GPs about what the process means for general practice. GPonline
Can health and care deliver changes and keep the public on side? NHS Expo showcased innovations, but health bosses say the pace of change is slow and warned of public resistance. Guardian
This fortnights’ news:
- Funding gap between GMS and PMS GP contracts fell 40% in a year – The gap in funding per patient between GMS and PMS practices fell by almost 40% in 2015/16 as PMS reviews slashed funding from locally negotiated contracts, official NHS data reveal. GPonline
- Northern Ireland set to pilot Dutch community nurse model – Northern Ireland is likely to begin piloting a nurse-led community care model based on one used in the Netherlands in the near future, according to the country’s most senior nurse. Nursing Times
- Nearly 600 GP practices could be forced to close by 2020, warns RCGP – Around one in 15 GP practices could be forced out of business and the UK will face a shortfall of nearly 10,000 GPs by 2020, the RCGP has warned. GPonline
- Health education bosses miss GP training target – Health Education England has failed to reach its target of delivering 3,250 doctors in GP training by 2016, despite having previously had the deadline extended by a year. Pulse
- NHS chief: We must be ‘resolute’ about ‘controversial’ cuts – NHS England must be resolute about its “controversial” funding decisions, chief executive Simon Stevens has said when questioned about community pharmacy. Chemist and Druggist
- GPs talking to patients via text message should ‘become norm’, says top GP – Allowing patients and hospital consultants to contact GPs directly by Skype or text can improve care and outcomes and should become standard practice, according to a leading London GP. GPonline
- Vanguards scale back plans due to funding shortfall – Vanguard sites have told HSJ they have had to scale back their work developing new care models after receiving less than a third of the transformation funding they said they needed this year. HSJ
|IN SEARCH OF HEALTH CREATION, COMMUNITY BY COMMUNITY
None of us is smarter than all of us
December 1, 2016
Burdett Theatre, King’s Fund, London W1
Health Creation Alliance announced its commitment earlier this year to address health inequalities through the concept and practice of Health Creation. Health Creation is regarded by many as the single most important driver for change in our thinking around the delivery of health care.
Our December Action Summit aims to start a determined movement around primary and community care enabled Health Creation, as a means to close the unacceptable life expectancy gap between rich and poor, and over time to reduce demand on NHS services.
Our vision for the Summit is that health professionals from across primary care, together with colleagues in urgent and emergency care, commissioning, emergency services, third sector, housing, local government, education and social care, will explore health creation in context of their own experiences, and co-shape thinking and content for a manifesto for primary and community care enabled health creation.
We would be delighted if you would like to join us. Please save the date and register your interest now with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note places are limited and we will be offered in order of registered interest.