Health Creation Alliance responds to announcements to reduce the pharmacy bill
Health Creation Alliance is disappointed to hear of the announcement to reduce the pharmacy bill by more than £2m over the next two years.
We have long supported the role of community pharmacy. Our recent support for the role of community pharmacy includes:
- Supporting the development of community pharmacy practice within primary care
- Call for a community pharmacy forward view
- Dispensing Health Equality;
- Skill mix: Can pharmacists and community pharmacy rescue general practice?
We know that community pharmacy plays an essential part in reducing the demand on general practice and relieve A&E pressures.
As the first port of call for many, high street pharmacies are the cornerstone of healthy communities. Closure will effect deprived areas more significantly than affluent ones, and health inequalities will worsen. We urge the Department of Health, NHS England, CCGs and local authorities to come together and ensure these areas do not lose their key community hub for health and wellbeing.
Notes to editors
- For more information please contact Sophie Lap at email@example.com or on 07725 555 030
- Health Creation Alliance is a movement of people and organisations who are committed to building a sustainable, community-based health service. They are an entirely solutions focused organisation, unique in its approach bringing together more than 10,000 passionate individuals and organisations across primary care who believe innovation, connections and integration are key to the sustainability of a health service that remains free to all at the point of need. Health Creation Alliance promote greater collaboration between organisations within the NHS and between the NHS, communities, local authorities, innovative enterprises and other local enablers of prevention and health creation.